Creating the sophisticated look
Want fresh, dazzling-looking eyes without all the cakey makeup? We show you how to create an effortless sophisticated look and how to apply eyeliner.
1. Apply a light eyeshadow over your entire eyelid from lash line to eyebrow bone, but not beyond.
2. Define the crease of your eyelid using a medium or dark shade. The deeper the shade, the more dramatic look.
3. To open up your eyes so that they appear livelier, place a dot of a light shade in the inner corner of each eye.
Tip: When choosing an eyeshadow shade, keep in mind that a pastel shade will look softer while a darker shade will appear more dramatic when applied.
Creating elegant, dramatic eyes
Spice up your night and create a gorgeous nightime dramatic look - quick and easy!
1. To create a gorgeous nighttime look, use light, medium and dark eyeshadow shades in graduated tones. Apply the dark shade along your lash line, the medium shade on the crease, and a light shade up to the eyebrow bone but not beyond. Soften and blend any hard edges so one color seems to melt into the next.
2. To open up your eyes so that they appear livelier, place a dot of a light shadow in the inner corner of each eye.
3. For a sexy, smoky effect, trace the upper and lower lashes with a dark shadow then smudge with a blending brush. To optimize the look, this can also be done over eyeliner.
Applying natural-looking eyeliner
On the run? Apply natural looking eyeliner quickly and professionally. No fuss – simply amazing!
Tip: For a natural-looking eyeliner and the illusion of lusher, fuller lashes, use a dark brown eye pencil and carefully press a series of dots between your lashes following your lash line.
Tip: For the sophisticated look, draw a smooth fine line alone the top lashes.
Tip: To create the dramatic look, draw a line inside your lash line (as close to the lashes as possible), then along the top of the lash line. How to get brighter, wider eyes
Brighter, Wider Eyes
lWant a real eye-opener for a clean, fresh wide eyed lash look? We share our eye-opening secret!
Apply one thin coat of mascara to both upper and lower lashes.
For a more dramatic look, allow first coat to dry completely then apply a second coat concentrating on the base of the lash.
Tip: For a real eye-opener, use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. Curl gently at the base of the lashes, but never beyond the center of the lashes. Don't clamp down on one spot for too long or you'll get a sharp angle.
Tip: Don't pump the applicator wand in the mascara tube. Doing so will trap air inside and cause the mascara to dry out. Instead, twist the wand to collect more mascara on the brush.
Well-defined, well-groomed brows
Eyebrows give expression to your face, so frame your eyes with a classic and becoming eyebrow shape.
1. Brush your eyebrows straight up with an eyebrow brush. Using small straight scissors, carefully trim any hairs that are curly or too long. Then brush the brows back into their natural shape.
2. Hold a pencil along the side of your nose to ensure that the inner edge of your brow lines up with the inside corner of your eye.
3. Move the pencil so that it intersects with your iris. The arch of your brow should line up with the pencil.
4. Angle the pencil from the outside edge of your nose to the outer corner of your eye to determine where your brow should end.
5. Tweeze where necessary and fill in with a soft pencil or powder.
6. Brush with an eyebrow brush and apply eyebrow gel to keep strays in place. You're done!
Buy your new eye liner now from Beauty-enhancement: http://www.beautyfresh.co.ukmake-up/eyes.html