Whenever we see a professional makeup artist at work, it is fascinating to see how easy they make the application of makeup appear to be. Once we are on our own, however, we are often left wondering how to apply makeup as even the seemingly simple steps of wearing a particular cosmetic can become daunting task. This is an even bigger challenge for young girls who have recently started wearing makeup as it can be hard to figure out how to apply makeup without causing any disastrous results to our overall look.
It is at this moment that we realize the importance of different tips and techniques that make it easy for us to apply makeup and achieve good results.
How to apply makeup in few steps:
In order to apply makeup flawlessly, you should follow the following steps:
1. Prepare and moisturize the skin: Begin your makeup routine by spraying clean water on your face as it can help clear the skin and give it supple, radiant look. Next, use the moisturizer that best suits your skin type.
2. Apply the primer: Applying the primer throughout the face and neck helps in creating a base for the application of foundation and concealer. It not only covers up skin pores but also helps maintain your makeup for a longer duration.
3. Put on concealer: Concealers are especially useful in hiding any flaws on the skin, which may include unsightly marks on the face, freckles, blotchy skin or remnants of acne breakout. They are available in different shades and should be chosen in accordance with the tone of the skin.
4. Even out the foundation: Apply foundation in a shade that matches your skin’s color the closest. To create an evened out look, apply same number of coats on both face and neck. Although you can add layers of foundation, avoid overdoing it since it can give a very caked and artificial look.
5. Contour and apply blush: Now comes the time to add color to the skin. Start by defining the facial features with the help of a bronzer and highlighter. Then, apply the shade of blush that best complements your look.
6. Define eyebrows and eyes: With the help of an eyebrow pencil, outline eyebrows and fill in any gaps. Next, prime your eyelids and start filling them in with your chosen shade of eye shadow. Complete the look with eyeliner and mascara.
7. Apply lip color: Finally, color your lips with the lip shade of your choice. Depending upon your preference and time of the day, you can either choose to put on a lip gloss or go with a lipstick.