As January hits, many of us reflect on the vows we are going to make as our New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. It may be to get fit, or drink less alcohol, perhaps quit smoking, or to save money or even to become more organised. But what about our poor skin and the New Year’s resolutions it yearns for to regain that healthy and radiant complexion....
The skin is the body’s largest organ and is our greatest protector, yet it can be very much unappreciated. The skin is a powerful interface between the mind, body, and the external world and can be exposed to many external aggressions.
Make a new years resolution to your ‘skin’ this year and offer it some much needed love, care and attention.
Here are some of Gatineau’s New Year’s resolutions for a healthy and radiant skin:
• With colder temperatures outside and the central heating being turned up to tropical climates this can play havoc with your skin and make it dehydrated, flaky and dull.
Beauty Fresh top tip: Before bedtime apply a thick layer of Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Mask and leave on overnight for an intense hydration boost.
• If your new year’s resolution is to spend more time at the gym don’t forget to cleanse the skin thoroughly after your workout to remove sweat and toxins and prevent blocked pores and skin break outs.
Beauty Fresh top tip: For a deep cleanse apply a small amount of Gatineau Melatogenine Refreshing Cleansing Cream in to palm of your hand and lather up with water. Massage over the face and neck and rinse with water.
• Hands can be treated like a tool rather than a delicate part of our body and as a result they get become dry, rough, cracked and sore. Gatineau’s top tip: Apply Vitamina Hand Cream morning and evening to the hands and cuticles to keep them protected and soft and twice a week exfoliate the skin with Gatineau’s Micro-Dermabrasion Cream.
• Our face can feel like sand paper in the cold winter months and this is partly due to a build up of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. Gatineau’s top tip: Ensure you exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week to remove unwanted dead skin and keep the skin smooth and radiant. Try Gatineau’s non-granular Activ Eclat Radiance Enhancing Gommage which gently melts away the surface skin cells revealing a healthy complexion.http://www.beautyfresh.co.ukgatineau-activ-eclat-radiance-enhancing-gommage-75ml.html
• Wrinkles can always look more evident when the skin is dehydrated making you look old beyond your years.
Beauty Fresh top tip: Try inflating ‘grooves and hollows’ in the skin with the wrinkle-slaying Gatineau Melatogenine Pure Focus Treatment. Brush into wrinkles and watch them pop out making you look 10 years younger.